This healthy spaghetti squash Pad Thai uses spaghetti squash strands instead of rice noodles for a veggie-packed dish that’s lower in carbs and super satisfying.
- 1 large spaghetti squash (approx. 5 cups after roasting)
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- Green onions, fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons chopped salted almonds (optional)
Chili Almond Sauce
- ½ cup natural almond butter (no sugar added)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Cook spaghetti squash in rings using instructions from my spaghetti squash post.
- Allow squash rings to cool for about 15 minutes, then peel the skin away and use a fork to separate the strands.
- While squash is roasting, make the chili almond sauce by adding all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Chop raw chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1 Tablespoon oil. Add chicken to the skillet and liberally season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until all sides are golden and chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the same skillet and sauté together ginger, onion, bell pepper and carrots. Cook until the veggies are starting to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the skillet with the veggies. Then add the chili almond sauce and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Add spaghetti squash to the skillet and mix again. If your skillet isn’t large enough, you can put everything in a large bowl to mix instead.
- Serve the spaghetti squash pad Thai immediately with green onions, fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish. Top with chopped almonds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 607mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: spaghetti squash pad thai